Membership Coordinator Training Checklist
The purpose of this list is to assist in a smooth transition from the outgoing membership coordinator to the new. Written by parker, Oct 2011.
1. Read the labor description – JobDescriptions#MembershipCoordinator
2. Memorize the Member Acceptance Policy – MemberAcceptancePolicy
3. Memorize the Contract Signing Policies – ContractSigningPolicies
4. Get the keys and learn about the filing cabinet ( storing contracts past and future) with the outgoing membership coordinator
5. Get the login info for the Gmail account firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. Get onto google drive and look over the email responses, the list of prospectives & FAQ – SasonaFrequentlyAskedQuestions
7. Understand Sasona's stance on subleasing. We do not sublease. Go over the rules in your folder with the previous memco.
8. Get documents of the craigslist ad as well as the Facebook login – AdvertisingSasona
9. Learn how to update the wiki, specifically – MemberRentsAndDates
10. Be familiar with this info – MediationInfo
There are many laws to make housing fair. We are not allowed to discriminate on race, gender, and many other things. It is important for the Membership Coordinator to know these, so Sasona, CHEA, and the Membership Coordinator do not get sued. Daniel Miller from NASCO Properties gave us these slides on the topic.
Recommendations from Molly 2021 (not required):
- Whenever a new contract is signed, email the name and new end date to Archivist who will update it in the Wiki.
- Ask current Sasonies if anyone is willing to be the “buddy” of a new member to help them as they move in and get used to things.
- We only advertise when a room is empty, we use Facebook more than Craigslist.
- There’s a facebook “person” named Sasona Channing tied to Sasona, and they can post to about open rooms.
- Potential idea: Have a heart meeting to get to know the person who just moved in