Sasona House Member Agreement during COVID-19 Pandemic
These are the agreements and boundaries we have as a house set while we are COVID-19 Free. If someone gets sick, we will collectively decide on a different, more strict set of expectations. As a member, associate member, visitor, and/or guest of Sasona Co-op, hereby known as Sasoners, I agree to the following:
THE BELOW DOES NOT APPLY WHILE AUSTIN'S COVID LEVEL IS AT "Low", EXCEPT FOR RULE 10, ABOUT INFORMING THE HOUSE AND ISOLATING IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID. (Passed 2022-10-16.)
1. Stay informed, things are constantly changing as our world tries to find normalcy. Always know the city order/guidelines and risk levels, your personal level of risk, and if or when your risk level changes, update the current health officer and house immediately.
Here is a link to the current Stay-at-Home, Work Safe guidelines for Austin, TX
Here is another link to the latest updates on COVID-19 in Austin, TX
2. If you are not completely vaccinated, stay home, and limit trips out of the house to what is necessary (exceptions are those that have to work in person, essential workers, getting food or medical care, or caring for family), and keep us safe.
3. When at "High Risk" (as defined by CDC), all incompletely vaccinated members, associate members, and guests are expected to wear a proper mask (covering the nose and mouth snugly) inside the house except for personal bedrooms. When needing to remove a mask for eating, ensure that you are 6’ apart from another person and try to spread out to other areas of the house or outside during mealtime whenever possible. Any resident member too young to receive a vaccine based on FDA rules is exempted from the mask policy.
4. Vaccinations are required of all members of Sasona. As an alternative, when at "High Risk" (as defined by the CDC), unvaccinated members can get tested weekly and share your results via email or Slack. We will revisit this policy by 05.29.22. [NOTE: It was 04.03.22] Vaccination is defined as either 2 doses of Pfizer and Moderna OR one dose of Johnson and Johnson.
5. Listing your guests and their vaccination status on the visitor log is required until 05.29.22. You are ultimately responsible for your guest(s); inform them of the risks they may be exposed to at the house and any necessary precautions, through email or Slack and these agreements. This rule expired 5.29.22.
6. If you are incompletely vaccinated and work or spend time outside the home around other people:
- While away at work do your best to wear a face mask indoors, maintain social distancing, wash hands when you re-enter the home and communicate any concerns as is necessary.
- Additionally, if you have cleaning labor in common areas like bathrooms or the kitchen, please wash your hands and wear a proper mask (covering the nose and mouth snugly). When cooking, handling food, or serving yourself food (including leftovers), wear a proper mask (covering the nose and mouth snugly). Remember to use the hood fan above the stove for safety (and improved ventilation).
7. Wash your hands (with soap and hot water) for at least 20 seconds, more frequently.
- Upon entry to the house
- Before, and throughout a cook shift
- Before serving yourself food (including leftovers!)
8. General best practices:
- Covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not into hands)
- Avoid shaking hands
- When around other Sasoners ask and be mindful of boundaries. i.e. know if they only want to socialize at a 6ft distance with face coverings
- After using the waste facilities, wash hands with soap or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Trust that other Sasoners are also making sacrifices for my well being and I will act in a way that is respectful of those decisions.
- As a house we want to see at least one person get covid tested each week. This is not necessarily enforceable, but would be ideal for the house to know the results. So if you get a test, share with the house, especially if it is positive.
- If you are not feeling well, it is recommended to be proactive by wearing a mask while in common spaces and get tested when able.
9. Do your best to remain at a safe distance with all housemates unless they directly communicate otherwise.
10. Inform the house formally ( email@example.com email and/or Slack channel) when you believe you have come in any contact with someone possibly or definitely exposed to/contracted COVID-19.
11. We will revisit these policies at least every month or two. Comments, suggestions, and questions welcome at any time in the #househealth Slack channel or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .